November 2019: Using Triple Bottom Line Cost Benefit Analysis Modeling for Lighting Design
November's Lunch and Learn Meeting is an AIA and USGBC CEU Lunch and Learn course on cost benefit analysis as it relates to lighting design.
The four learning Objectives are:
- Understand what Triple Bottom Line Cost Benefit Analysis (TBL-CBA) is, and why it is a LEED Pilot Credit.
- Understand how TBL-CBA captures the full Social, Environmental and Financial opportunities of alternative lighting designs.
- How TBL-CBA documents Architect’s due diligence requirement to meet mandatory AIA ethics disclosure of project environmental impacts.
- How TBL-CBA allows for optimization of:
- Energy saving
- Employee retention
- Student test scores
- Pollution reduction
- Green House Gas emissions
- Most Important to the Tenant, their prosperity
- How our software tool automates the reporting of Architect’s projects to the 20130 Challenge website
When: Tuesday, November 12th, 11:30am - 1:00pm
Where: United Way Houston, 50 Waugh Dr, Houston
Topic: Using Triple Bottom Line Cost Benefit Analysis Modeling for Lighting Design
Speaker: David MacLean, FSA, BCxP, LEED AP BD&C, WELL AP
Cost (includes lunch): $15 members, $20 non-members, $0 First Time Attendee
Fundamentals of Lighting 2019
It is time for the Fundamentals of Lighting!
This is a great opportunity for anybody new to lighting to get the 101 on a broad range of subjects we encounter in this fast-paced, evolving industry. Each module will provide a dive into a different area of the lighting world and will end with a brief test on the material covered in that session. We have selected instructors who are proficient in each subject to lead the classroom sessions, and the instructors will be providing examples from the material and their own professional experiences. Each student will be given a certificate of completion following the completion of the 10-Module Course.
- Oct. 22nd & 24th Tues/Thurs
- Oct. 28th & 30th Mon/Wed
- Nov. 5th & 7th Tues/Thurs
- Nov. 12th & 14th Tues/Thurs
- Nov. 19th & 21st Mon/Wed
TIME: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
LOCATION: HCC West Loop Campus
5601 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77081
*Room to be announced after registration
PRICE: $185 per student will be paid to IES Houston (includes dinner); an additional $60/$85 (members/non-members) will be paid to IES National for study materials. Each student is required to purchase the material from IESNA National bookstore prior to the first day of class (Click here to view and purchase).
Below is a brief list of subjects that will be covered throughout the course.
Overview (History, Professional Practice, Physics, Vision, Color, etc.)
Electric Light Sources and Auxiliary Devices
Lighting Metrics, Photometry, and Calculations
Codes and Standards, Economics
Design, Commissioning, and Sustainability
Lighting for Interiors
Lighting for Exteriors
- Enrollment will close and full payment is due October 18, 2019 at 5 PM.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions by responding to your registration confirmation email and detailing your dietary concerns.
- Also, please only purchase one registration at a time, so that we have the name and contact info of each student on a separate purchase. Thank you.