Houston Section Events
Fundamentals of Lighting 2019
It is time for the Fundamentals of Lighting!
This is a great opportunity for anybody new to lighting to get the 101 on a broad range of subjects we encounter in this fast-paced, evolving industry. Each module will provide a dive into a different area of the lighting world and will end with a brief test on the material covered in that session. We have selected instructors who are proficient in each subject to lead the classroom sessions, and the instructors will be providing examples from the material and their own professional experiences. Each student will be given a certificate of completion following the completion of the 10-Module Course.
TIME: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
LOCATION: HCC West Loop Campus
5601 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77081
*Room to be announced after registration
PRICE: $185 per student will be paid to IES Houston (includes dinner); an additional $60/$85 (members/non-members) will be paid to IES National for study materials. Each student is required to purchase the material from IESNA National bookstore prior to the first day of class (Click here to view and purchase).
Below is a brief list of subjects that will be covered throughout the course.
Overview (History, Professional Practice, Physics, Vision, Color, etc.)
Electric Light Sources and Auxiliary Devices
Lighting Metrics, Photometry, and Calculations
Codes and Standards, Economics
Design, Commissioning, and Sustainability
Lighting for Interiors
Lighting for Exteriors
November 2019: Using Triple Bottom Line Cost Benefit Analysis Modeling for Lighting Design
$0.00 - $20.00
November's Lunch and Learn Meeting is an AIA and USGBC CEU Lunch and Learn course on cost benefit analysis as it relates to lighting design.
The four learning Objectives are:
When: Tuesday, November 12th, 11:30am - 1:00pm
Where: United Way Houston, 50 Waugh Dr, Houston
Topic: Using Triple Bottom Line Cost Benefit Analysis Modeling for Lighting Design
Speaker: David MacLean, FSA, BCxP, LEED AP BD&C, WELL AP
Cost (includes lunch): $15 members, $20 non-members, $0 First Time Attendee
2019-2020 IES Houston Section Sponsorship
We are now offering three levels of sponsorship for the Houston Section, following other sections across the US. The sponsorship subsidizes the cost for Members of the IES by making lunch and learns and other events free, and provides marketing to you, our generous sponsors. Below is a recap of the Sponsorship Levels.
Gold - $500
- Company name on banner at all events
- Hole Sponsor at golf tournament with a company logo at a hole.
Platinum - $1,500
- Gold Sponsor benefits
- Lunch at section meetings for up to 2 individuals
- One team in the IES Golf Tournament
- Two entries for the Christmas Party
- Dedicated time at one activity to promote your company
- Company logo on banner at all events, IES Website, and all published media.
Diamond - $3,000
- Gold Sponsor benefits
- Lunch at section meetings for up to 5 individuals
- Two teams in the IES Golf Tournament, Additional Hole Sponsor Logo, All Adders
- Four entries for the Christmas Party
- Company logo on banner at all events, IES Website, and all published media, and link to Sponsor Website
- Flag Prize sponsor at Golf Tournament.